Thursday, October 29, 2009

I am tired of school.

Well here we go... I'm writing with the hope that this will be motivating... for myself.
It seems like a good deal of my work for the semester is happening now... and I... well... I am tired of school.  I love learning, and quite frankly I know that I will want to continue my education in one fashion or another. But taking 4-5 classes every 4 months (minus the summer time) for four and a half years... scratch that 16 and a half years... is quite tiring.

I'm ready to live beyond school, yet somewhat afraid of that unfamiliarity.  I'm ready to not slide by with a decent grade in a classroom, but to learn about life... the good the bad and the beautiful (because the ugly sometimes is the most beautiful).

So here I am thinking for myself and writing what I want so that I will have some motivation after I finish this to finish college, and finish strong.  Knowing that this is how I want to spend life after college makes it easier and serves as a reminder to think about what I'm learning now... as well as continuing on later.  Because really, if I'm not wanting to learn when I'm submerged in great information and in close proximity to professors who are passionate and knowledgeable... then frankly I probably won't learn it later (or at least it will be more difficult).

I'm going to suck it up.  Turn off the Food Network... not make another pitcher of sweet tea... get off facebook... and learn.

Other things to note:
- Italy and Germany plans are solidifying and so is my excitement and anticipation... If you know of any sites to see in Germany post them... because I will probably get to travel some while I'm there.
- I ate calamari last night and it was pretty tasty... the last time I had it was when I was 17 and a little less appreciative of foreign food.
- Apple orchards are a great date outing.
- I'm quite excited to make it back to Kansas City soon!  Family, Friends, and BBQ :)
- My philosophy class is quite an interesting place... sometimes I come out of there feeling like I'm so beyond my years... and other times I can just be so frustrated.
- I miss my nephew a lot.

That is all I have for today... now for some homework time... oh joy.

Love always and FOREVER
Prue

2 comments:

  1. :) Hang in there and keep pushing! I know you can do it! There's something else I want to tell you, but I'll wait until I can see you. I miss your nephew too.

    Loves.

    Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Lauren,

    I tagged you on a silly survey on my blog, and also I understand school is frustrating. You are close to the end, though, really! When are you going to be in KC?

    ReplyDelete